F.Y.I. I'm going on the boat today. Heh heh heh...
Some of you are still dealing with snow...
and I'll be laying on a boat...
in 80 degree weather...
soaking up the sun...
with a nice cold drink in my right hand...
and my Zune in the left.
Perhaps a little.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
...there's booze in the blender...and soon it will render...that frozen concoction that helps me hang on...
F.Y.I. I'm going on the boat today. Heh heh heh...
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 9:16 AM
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Okay...I swear this isn't going to turn out to be a blog where I only post what list of songs my Zune decided to shuffle together...but I couldn't resist this one...it's too damn good.
- Vampire Weekend - Mansard Roof
- Snowden - Black Eyes
- Bottom of the Hudson - All Bottled Up
- T.I. - Big Shit Poppin'
- Cat Power - After It All
- Honorary Title - Far More
- Kate Nash - Dickhead
- Wilco - Impossible Germany
- Rilo Kiley - Silver Lining
- Daft Punk - Harder Better Stronger Faster
- Grace Potter & the Nocturnals - Apologies
- Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come
- Hot Chip - Over and Over
- Feist - Brandy Alexander
- The Virgins - Fernando Pando
- Tegan & Sara - Relief Next To Me
- MGMT - Electric Feel
- Brazilian Girls - Corner Store
- Coldplay - High Speed
- Flaming Lips - In The Morning of the Magicians
and for the bonus:
21. She Wants Revenge - These Things
SEE???? Sooooo good. =)
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 4:04 PM
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
I have about 30 seconds to update.
Easter = lots n lots of delicious food...desserts...cocktails made of pomegranate & pear juices w/champagne...hiding and finding eggs with my little baby brothers.
Shopping = none except for having to buy khaki shorts for work (oh yes...i'm soooo in style in my khakis. heh heh...not.)
This week = training each day for 4 hours...taking tests...trying to soak it all in so that I'm 100% ready for our grand opening this weekend. I think I smell MONEY!!! $$$$$$$$ =)
Music = I think I have downloaded approx. 150+ new songs to my Zune this week. I've been trying to find a new band or two each day that I really like. So far so good. If you have any recommendations, let me know.
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 1:43 PM
Friday, March 21, 2008
I hate cleaning.
The whole process of it.
Having to give up a part of my day to frickin clean.....ugh.
I -DO- LOVE the look of my house & car after I've spent a good portion of my day cleaning.
I feel energized and satisfied afterwards.
My problem = getting to the part where I'm DONE.
I get all mired in details. It's the only time I see anything related to A.D.D. with me. I absolutely cannot keep my focus on one thing when I'm cleaning. I have to bop all over the house cleaning various rooms at once.
It's quite aggravating actually.
I am supposed to be folding laundry...cleaning my bathroom (hubby uses/cleans his own bathroom)...straightening my closet...and doing my nails.
But where am I? On the damn computer. Oy vey.
Exciting Friday night, eh?
Yeah...well...I have to be awake at 7am tomorrow for training/orientation at my new job. (Good times.) So there will be no crazyamazingdrunkentimes for me this evening.
Perhaps tomorrow. ::eyebrow wiggle::
Off to clean I go.
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 9:02 PM
I love my Zune. A lot.
3672 songs by 741 artists = always an interesting shuffled playlist. =)
- Portishead - Numb
- Broken Social Scene - 7/4 (Shoreline)
- Jill Scott - A Long Walk
- Rufus & Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good
- MGMT - Weekend Wars
- Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us
- Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye
- R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It
- Smashing Pumpkins - Drown
- Dane Cook - The Nothing Fight (yes, I have a few comedians on here too)
- Jack Johnson - Fortunate Fool
- The Philippians - Third Time Out
- Elastica - Connection
- The Wailers - Kinky Reggae
- Otis Redding - Chained and Bound
- Sea Wolf - I Don't Know If I'll Be Back This Time
- Rolling Stones - Beast of Burden
- Pearl Jam - Dissident
- Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
- Kate Nash - Foundations
and for the bonus:
21. David Guetta - Love Is Gone
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 1:13 PM
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
So I found a new bartending job. [and the crowd goes wild!!]
Will be starting training this Saturday...
and then it's moneymoneymoney for this girl starting Mar 29th.
I wonder if they'll allow me a drink after my shift. Hmmmmm...
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 4:28 PM
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
- Pink Floyd - Hey You
- Lil' Kim - The Jump Off
- Bat For Lashes - Horse and I
- Ella Fitzgerald (Verve Remixed 2) - Slap That Bass
- The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
- 10cc - The Things We Do For Love
- Bob Marley & The Wailers - Crazy Baldhead
- Alice In Chains - Rooster
- The Sundays - Summertime
- Michelle Branch - Breathe
- Pearl Jam - Jeremy
- David Guetta - You Are The Music
- John Mellencamp - Cherry Bomb
- Keane - Is It Any Wonder?
- Rage Against The Machine - Fistful Of Steel
- Robert Plant - Tall Cool One
- Hoobastank - The Reason
- Velvet Revolver - Fall To Pieces
- Gov't Mule - Beautifully Broken
- James Brown - It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World
and the bonus:
21. Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 2:36 PM
Damn I'm a good wife.
Because the husband and I decided to stay home and not go out for dinner & drinks this year for St. Patty's Day, I decided to surprise him with some fresh guacamole, salsa and chips for an appetizer (not Irish, I know...but the guacamole was green and so damn tasty!), a 6 pk of Guinness, a 6pk of Smithwicks, then for dinner we had homemade Shepards Pie, and for dessert we had some Dove "Give in to Mint" ice cream, and Haagen-Dazs 'Baileys Irish Cream' ice cream.
I definitely ate too much. It was so rich and delicious, it was hard to put my fork down! But daaaaaamn I did a good job cooking. =)
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 10:21 AM
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 10:48 PM
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 11:41 AM
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
- I survived camping at Langerado Music Fest. (3 nights! Woo-hoo! Story & Pics to come later)
- I saw & heard some amazing bands during the 4 days of Langerado. Such a great experience!
- I'm currently looking for a new job since I quit my bartending job on Feb 29th. Cross your fingers for me...this girl is BROKE! Oy. Need $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
- My car needs a serious detailing and that's what I'm doing later today if the weather allows. (HINT-HINT to Mother Nature)
- Fiiiiiinally hooked up the stereo system in our living room yesterday. (Whhhhy did I wait so damn long?! We've been living here almost a YEAR!) Listened to some music that I've been missing so damn much.
- Realized on my way home from Langerado that there are some serious changes I need to make in my life. There are people I need to spend more time with and some people I'm feeling the need to distance myself from. (more on this later)
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 11:25 AM
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 1:44 PM
Monday, March 03, 2008
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Yesterday was a pretty cool day. My husband and I went to my dad's house so I could borrow a tent & an air mattress for my Langerado concert/camping adventure coming up this week. My dad showed me how to set-up and break-down the tent (super easy actually!) and gave me some pointers since it'll be my 1st time. (Yep...I've NEVER been camping before.) I'm so excited because I'm going to have the opportunity to see 80 bands play during those 4 days...and yet I'm nervousnervousnervous about sleeping outside...in tent. I'm completely the type of girl who loves a nice comfy bed, use of a hair dryer, cold air conditioning, etc etc. Sooooo this should be interesting to say the least. My friend who is going with me has camped before, so thankfully she will know what to do since I have only a slight clue.
After my dad's house, we headed over to a local Irish restaurant, ate some lamb stew and shepard's pie (TASTY!!!), drank some Guinness, Harp, Smithwicks. While there I ran into a friend of mine who invited us over to a bar down the block to watch the UFC fight. I, being a UFC fan, was all for that! So after dinner we went to watch the fights and whattayaknow I called 4 out of 4 fights that I watched. I didn't watch the very 1st one because I was too busy yappin' it up with my hubby and friends, but then I got really into the next 3 prefights and the main event. DAMN GOOD FIGHTS! I'm kicking myself for not betting some cashola on the fights. I woulda done quite well. Ah well.
Sooooo now I'm getting ready to clean out my car to get it all ready for Langerado. Then I have to go to the store, buy a cooler, lantern, flashlight, batteries, sunscreen, food/drinks, etc etc etc etc etc........This concert is gonna empty my wallet, but whatever....it's gonna be sooooo fun and such an amazing experience (just have all the previous Langerado's been).
Thennnn I have to clean my house. Oy vey. Our bedroom is being taken over by my clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry. It's just ridiculous actually. Every year I go thru my belongings and give stuff away that I no longer wear/use to my friends and sisters. But it just seems that I can never quite get organized to the point where it stays that way. I just have too much stuff.
Okay. I need to get a move on. The morning is almost over and I want to be done with everything by 5pm. Time to go make some espresso and start my day!
Posted by Bambi LaFru at 10:48 AM