Sunday, March 02, 2008

"Hi, my name is Bambi (not really) and I'm a 1st time camper."

Yesterday was a pretty cool day. My husband and I went to my dad's house so I could borrow a tent & an air mattress for my Langerado concert/camping adventure coming up this week. My dad showed me how to set-up and break-down the tent (super easy actually!) and gave me some pointers since it'll be my 1st time. (Yep...I've NEVER been camping before.) I'm so excited because I'm going to have the opportunity to see 80 bands play during those 4 days...and yet I'm nervousnervousnervous about sleeping outside...in tent. I'm completely the type of girl who loves a nice comfy bed, use of a hair dryer, cold air conditioning, etc etc. Sooooo this should be interesting to say the least. My friend who is going with me has camped before, so thankfully she will know what to do since I have only a slight clue.

After my dad's house, we headed over to a local Irish restaurant, ate some lamb stew and shepard's pie (TASTY!!!), drank some Guinness, Harp, Smithwicks. While there I ran into a friend of mine who invited us over to a bar down the block to watch the UFC fight. I, being a UFC fan, was all for that! So after dinner we went to watch the fights and whattayaknow I called 4 out of 4 fights that I watched. I didn't watch the very 1st one because I was too busy yappin' it up with my hubby and friends, but then I got really into the next 3 prefights and the main event. DAMN GOOD FIGHTS! I'm kicking myself for not betting some cashola on the fights. I woulda done quite well. Ah well.

Sooooo now I'm getting ready to clean out my car to get it all ready for Langerado. Then I have to go to the store, buy a cooler, lantern, flashlight, batteries, sunscreen, food/drinks, etc etc etc etc etc........This concert is gonna empty my wallet, but whatever....it's gonna be sooooo fun and such an amazing experience (just have all the previous Langerado's been).

Thennnn I have to clean my house. Oy vey. Our bedroom is being taken over by my clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry. It's just ridiculous actually. Every year I go thru my belongings and give stuff away that I no longer wear/use to my friends and sisters. But it just seems that I can never quite get organized to the point where it stays that way. I just have too much stuff.

Okay. I need to get a move on. The morning is almost over and I want to be done with everything by 5pm. Time to go make some espresso and start my day!

0 comments: