Sunday, March 16, 2008

Je déteste attendre.

Yesterday I was at the hospital sitting in the emergency room waiting area (wasn't there for me, was there for someone else) and here are my observations/rants from those wretched hours:



- Picture this...woman in her late 20's, about 60+ lbs overweight, walking from the sign-in desk to her chair across the room where her 4 yr old daughter is sitting (obviously the little one was sick & the reason for being there by the looks of her all crouched over in her seat and palefaced) drops her pen to the floor to where it then slides under the row of chairs. Instead of bending her fat ass over to pick it up herself...tells her sick daughter to get on the floor and "get the pen for mommy". So the little girl hesitantly does what her mother asks and gets on all fours and crawls under the chairs to fetch the pen. Ummmm...


(1) Okay, lardass, why couldn't you just forget about that pen and get another one from the sign-in desk??

(2) The hospital floors are gross, dude. People from all walks of life are scufflin' thru there and you have your sick lil girl on her hands and knees under the chairs. What. The. Fuck.

(3) This is the point where I wanted to smack the lady and pick the lil girl up off the floor and wash her hands off. Had this all not happened so fast, I would've just gone across the room and handed the lady a new pen myself...but there was a part of me afraid to get too close to her that I would've done/said something that would've landed my ass in the pretty police car sitting right out front of the hospital windows.


- I find it very hard to breathe normally when sitting in a waiting room filled with sick people. All of the coughing, hacking, moaning, complaining, itching, etc etc etc....it just makes the room feel so small. It's then that I feel quite claustrophobic. I find myself breathing very small, short breaths...turning away from all the coughing...trying to breathe from behind my hand. I could NEVER work in a hospital or doctor's office. EVER.


- Hospital chairs are the worst. Or maybe just the ones where I was were awful. Hard molded plastic. I ended up sitting in that type of chair for a total of 5 hours. I guess it could've been worse though. I could've been one of the people who was ill or hurt and needed medical attention. ::counting myself as a lucky one::

1 comments:

Butchie said...

Hey! I went to the ER on friday! I didn't get to visit the waiting room. Check it out.